BRICKHAVEN LABRADOODLES is always looking for responsible families in our area to become Guardians for our loving dogs. Our Guardian program is designed to benefit everyone involved, the puppy, the guardian family, and us as the Australian Labradoodle breeder. Being a Guardian is providing a loving home for one of our Brickhaven's breeding dogs or potential breeder puppies and becoming part of our extended Brickhaven family. Brickhaven Labradoodles retains ownership of Guardian dog but they live with you as your family member! Dogs in Guardian homes must return to us at our home for health testing, breeding and whelping of the puppies for a contracted number of Litters (3-4) or until the dog reaches a certain age. This gives our breeding dogs a Stable Loving Home and Family in between breeding's and they get to retire with their forever family when they have fulfilled their breeding requirements. The Guardian pays a small adoption fee and is responsible for all the Veterinary and general care costs of owning a dog, this is to include socialization and obedience classes. CGC classes are optional. Brickhaven's will pay all expenses that pertain to health testing, CGC Certification, breeding and whelping puppies. We will also pay retirement fee of breeding dog..
BENEFITS OF BEING A GUARDIAN HOME
* As a Guardian you will receive a breed quality puppy/or dog chosen by the breeder.
* As a Guardian you will receive a Fully Health Tested dog, held to the highest standards of the ALAA.
* As a Guardian you will be an Ambassador in the community for Brickhaven Labradoodles.
* We offer a discount to all Guardian families who wish to add an additional puppy from us to their family.
* Brickhaven's will pay for the cost of Spay or Neuter when the dog is retired from the breeding program.
* As a Guardian family you are providing a breeding dog a Loving Family For Life!
* As a Guardian you will have become a part of our extended family!
GUARDIAN HOME REQUIREMENTS
* As a Guardian you must live within 2 hours of our home in Liberty Lake, Washington.
* You must own your own home.
* Have a fully secure fenced yard.
* Have a flexible work schedule, work from home, able to take the dog to work with you, or only leave the dog alone for no longer then 4-6 hours at a time.
* Feed only a high quality dog food of the breeders choice.
* Guardians must enroll in and complete a Socialization/Obedience course with the dog. Certificate of completion will be in the dogs permanent file.
* Guardians who enroll in and complete a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) program with the dog by the time the dog is 1 year of age will receive $200 for the extra training of our Brickhaven puppy. Certificate of completion will be in the dogs permanent file.
* Understand the issues and responsibilities of caring for a breeding dog.
* Notify us Immediately when dog is in heat.
* Agree to all annual Veterinary care and vaccinations, proper grooming requirements and nutrition.
* Keep all female dogs away form intact males and secure at all times.
* Keep all male dogs away form intact females and secure at all times.
* Willingness to return the dog to us for testing, breeding and whelping of puppies. This can be for a few days to up to 8 weeks.
* Have an open line of communication with the breeder about the dogs health, growth and condition at all times.
IF YOU LIVE IN THE SPOKANE, LIBERTY LAKE, CDA AREA AND WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON THE GUARDIAN PROGRAM